You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Suddenly ... a Space Quest Phenomena?!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Advie.1

Default Suddenly ... a Space Quest Phenomena?!!

Guys i will not make it long but it seems that Roger Wilco Has SUDDENLY
Bursted Out !!

1st Infamous Adventure's Remake for Space Quest II and Plans to a 3rd,
then I hear of Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back (which 1st i thought it is that SQ2 remake) and just when i start to read about it i find out that there are:
Space Quest: Incinerations.
and that is not all there also 3 titles i heard about:-
Space Quest: The Lost Chapter.
Space Quest-1: Decisions of the Elders.
Space Quest 0:Replicated .

A VERY strange phenomena!! which i can not understand why now and why Space Quest's especially!!!

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 02-29-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Psychonaut

None of that made any sense
Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
None of that made any sense
i dont get what you mean ... do you point that they all are not even worth checking or playing?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

The Lost Chapter and Replicated have been out for a while, there was also one taking place between SQ4 and SQ5 called Roger Wilco and the Voyage Home. For the others coming out together recently, I'm guessing there was probably some dialogue between the different projects, aiming for a similar release date? That would make sense to me anyway. I'd say they're all worth a look, especially Incinerations which is my favorite out of the lot. As for why Space Quest, well, why not?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #5

The Lost Chapter and Replicated have been out for years. VSB came out before SQ2VGA did and Incinerations followed that. IA has only casually mentioned SQ3, but there are at least two other projects that they are working on that will come first before they would consider taking on yet another project. I don't expect it will happen. I suspect that the two current IA projects might end up being the last of their free projects.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonchi View Post
there was also one taking place between SQ4 and SQ5 called Roger Wilco and the Voyage Home
Niiice Informations ,it has voices over too ...
Gonchi ,do you know if any of those mentioned titles has a Voice pack too,let alone IA's SQ2 as i already played it?

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 02-29-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I know there's a speech pack in the works for Vohaul Strikes Back, no idea what its status is though, and I think I read somewhere that one for Incinerations would be considered depending on interest, but I'm not really sure.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #8

Quote:
For the others coming out together recently, I'm guessing there was probably some dialogue between the different projects, aiming for a similar release date? That would make sense to me anyway.
Actually, it was just one massive coincidence
It was extremely unlikely and I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been a part of it myself.

If we had planned any of this, I probably would've preferred spreading the releases further apart, to let each game have its own period of time when it was the one new SQ game that everyone is talking about.
But it just sort of happened that the games reached completion around the same time (despite the projects having started years apart from each other) and the idea of artificially delaying a release of a game that was already complete didn't feel right.
In hindsight, it may have even worked in everyone's favour, since "Three/Four new full-length SQ fangames released almost simultaneously" makes for far more noteworthy news than the release of just one.

Quote:
I know there's a speech pack in the works for Vohaul Strikes Back, no idea what its status is though
You can get some idea of the progress by following our Facebook page or checking this page - although there's a big difference between a character being cast and all their lines being recorded and in the game.

At the moment, 1368 lines are in the game, out of a total of around 8000, plus many that have already been recorded, but not yet cut up.

And if you or anyone you know is interested in auditioning for some of the remaining characters, check our forum

Quote:
and I think I read somewhere that one for Incinerations would be considered depending on interest, but I'm not really sure.
You can find more information about the state of the voice pack in this thread.
The tl;dr version - it probably won't go into production until VSB's voice pack is done (Chris, the author of the game, is also working on VSB), but it's quite likely one will be made eventually.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
Advie.1

that is great new mjomble i gave a look at the F.B page and joined it,it will keep me updated,Thanks ...
about Audio editing ,i am a sound Engineer and also have my own studio (working on Protools HD) , if you are interested ,want me to send you links of my work ...i will happy to help.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Adventure Game Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjomble View Post
Actually, it was just one massive coincidence
Ah! That was my second guess.

Thanks for the inside info. I don't think I'll audition for a role on VSB though, I have a rather awkward voice that sounds somewhat like I'm chewing and swallowing my own tongue while I speak. I also don't have any decent recording equipment.