View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arial Type View Post
Thank you, TimovieMan! Critical evaluation is something I'm reall missing on the other gaming boards. And by intrusive ads you can't skip through you ment online or offline gaming?
Both.

In an offline game, I prefer the intro movies to be skippable. Especially if one of the logo movies is not of the developer, producer or publisher but of a brand name sponsor, and even moreso if it takes too long.

Ingame commercials (like that example of Alan Wake) would really bug me if they feel out of place. If it's well-integrated product placement, then I wouldn't mind so much. Just as long as it isn't very in-your-face.

In an online game, I'm quite content to play a game with lots of (quiet) banners all around, but I don't like watching a 30 second commercial before the main menu of the game is visible.