View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #15
Shnubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
i also own now games like (didnt play yet) lost horizon, simon 5, 15 days,whispered world, treasure island) ..and maybe you can give a break here and point for me which would fulfill ! ,and can be what i am looking for ,
thanks
None of those, I'm afraid. Treasure Island and 15 days I didn't play, but from what I gathered 15 days is more about telling a story with very few puzzles in between and Treasure Island was apparently neither a really bad nor a really good adventure. But best find out for yourself.

Lost Horizon is a fun game for sure but story, dialog and characters felt a bit awkward to me . So did the puzzles. You'll always know what do but more often than not your character will feel the need to explain to you why it worked the way it did because many of the puzzles are pretty nonsensical. (And not in a good way.) If you've played Secret Files you know what you are in for.

Simon 5 is awkward and short. A bit better than 4 but still worlds apart from even 3.

The Whispered World has a better story than Simon 5 and Lost Horizon in my opinion but has certain annoying qualities, too. Best read some reviews.
The puzzles are a bit better than e.g. the ones in Lost Horizon, imho and there are some creative ones, too.
Unfortunately the ones were you might get stuck are stupid and unfair rather than hard. Not monkey wrench stupid but completely stupid.
It's like they tried to come up with something reminiscent of the more difficult puzzles of the classics and failed to understand them.
(Granted there was your fair share of unfair classics, too, but who would want to replicate that?)
But worst are some out of the box standard puzzles that got tacked on without even the slightest adaption, clearly in order to stretch the playing time. Unfortunately you're pestered with them especially near the finale.
Still it's a game worth playing with some shining moments both in puzzle design and story. Out of your bunch it's probably the best together with Lost Horizon, depending on what you are looking for in an adventure game.

Still, if you are looking for both hard and rewarding puzzles you almost certainly will find naught in your list. So better listen to some of the recommendations in this thread.