View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Peter254

I recently heard of this game through IndieGames.com, so I guess its been getting a lot of recent coverage lately.

It does indeed look amazing, and could easily be the next Gemini Rue. Science fiction is perhaps the least populated genre in adventure games, so by my standards this game is already a standout. My only real concern is that the developer himself admitted that the story is generic; but I think that was just his attempt at modesty.

I do wish that he went all the way with the graphics and made them high res. I mean, it's not really "retro" or pixel art, and the screenshots reveal a degree of what I take to be deliberate pixelation or down-rezzing of higher res images. In a case like this, I think the deliberate attempt to be low-res hinders the perceived quality of the presentation (whereas in Gemini Rue, the use of low-res was consistent and never deviated with any high res intrusions). Anyway, I still think the game looks great, but he should just "go with the flow" of his artwork and keep it higher res.