View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 05:57 AM   #6
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Well, actually I did I got the first for free and then 2 and 3 in a sale. That's why I'm asking, I'm wondering whether to first play the original BS2 or continue with the remake (or maybe first replay the original version of the first - though I just finished the DC yesterday. And also I'm just generally interested as this is a bit of a strange turn of events - I expected this to be just a graphical update with only added content (so that the only thing one might complain about had been that the graphics don't fit with the original idea etc. which would've been fine by me)). You know, if it really is, as many said, an inferior experience (in total) to the original game.

Then, like you said, whether it really is a matter of if you played it "back in the day" vs. it being a new experience. I suppose it isn't so bad if this is one's first playthrough?
Oh. Well, in that case, if you have the originals too (and if they were free then even better!), then I say PLAY 'EM!! If you'd have just bought the DC/Remastered, without any prior knowledge/experience of the originals, and you had no incentive to get the originals, then yes, I'd say the DC/Remastered would be just fine. The DC/Remastered would probably appeal to newcomers anyway thanks to the slightly cleaner graphics/artwork, the hint system, and the easier gameplay - no deaths, hardly any red herrings etc.

But if you, as you say, got the originals for free, then what have you got to lose? You might as well see where it all began and 'spot the differences'. However, if you merely liked/enjoyed the game(s), it might be best to just wait until you decide to give the game(s) another playthrough in the future. If you loved them: dive straight back in as soon as possible!

As for BS2: it doesn't matter which version you play first. As kateme correctly pointed out - it's a Remaster not a Director's Cut. There isn't much change to be honest.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour