View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

I'm one of those people who thinks the originals are far superior to the DCs. But if people grew up and played the originals first, then that's to be expected I guess. Here's my mini review in the 'Last Finished Game' thread:

Clicky

The second DC wasn't too bad in comparison, but there was still the occasional missing dialogue and tweaks that I wasn't keen on.

Again - clicky

The death scenes don't add anything or make the story different, they just add a layer of suspense and urgency; it helps the games become a bit more exciting in my opinion. They (Revolution) only removed them because they were trying to appeal to the casual market.

If you do decide to get the originals to see for yourself, then at least you won't be breaking your account - they're a pittance to get now.

It's a pity you didn't buy them from GOG recently as they have both the DCs bundled with the originals for free!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour