View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Default Broken Swords - Original or DC?

So, after having just finished Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (Director's Cut - man, these titles can be long), I realized that in fact the DC version varies more than just with new graphics and a bit more in the beginning (haven't played the original). Now, many people, I noticed, are saying that the original was in fact better with more hotspots and unedited puzzles and death scenes and stuff.

Now, first of all, I'm just wondering what the general opinion on this is - do most people really think that as a whole the DC actually takes away from the experience?

What about the DC version of the Smoking Mirror? I didn't really find any talk about that. Was it redone in a similar vein, or is it closer to the original experience now (or more generally accepted as "better")?

Many said that they suggest playing BS1 so that you first play the original and only then the DC. Well, I played the DC, do you think there's something in it for me to play the original version now? Personally, I'm quite happy there's not much of a chance for death scenes, but I guess if the story is different somehow (notably), I'd be interested in finding out...

Also, now that I'm moving on to #2, do people still find that the original is worth playing first, and only then the new version to see what's different, or is the DC at least on par?