View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

That feeling when you've been eagerly waiting for a game for 2 years, only to find you complete it in 8 and a half hours, and it's easily the worst in the trilogy.

Words cannot express how disappointed I am with this game. It's short, it's linear, it's repetitive, it's predictable, the story is shallow and makes no growth, there's no diversity in the enemies, many of the locations are dull, the fist-fighting mechanics have turned every instance of hand to hand combat into a QTE, there are even fewer puzzles than in previous games, the ending is a huge anti climax; there's not even a final boss fight, the game just takes possibly the most important moment out of your hands and deals with it in a cutscene.

I'd like to think that the online multiplayer could make up for it in some way, but it's so similar to the last game that it actually recycles four of the old maps.

I played Uncharted 2 three times and collected every trophy, but I really have no desire to play this one ever again. Had I known what it would be like I would have waited for it to fall into the bargain bin, instead of going out of my way to get it on release day.

/rant

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena