View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Rolandesch

Default Adventure family

Hello to all adventure(and other) game lovers!

I would like to start my first thread as an introduction to all of you on the forum of course but also to share my first expirience with an adventure game
It was the early 90's, I was about 6-7 at the time and my older brother was playing Monkey Island 2 while my older sister and I watched, that is also one of my earliest memories of video games I have. The two of them provided voice work for the characters in the game so we could immerse ourselves into the game (especially me) in a unique family way. I loved watching the game as I would have watched any cartoon or movie at the time and even today adventure games for me are as much a multiplayer game as any since almost all of them I play with either my sister or (this time younger) brother, since the Firstborn lives in another city now. The first game my sister and I played together was Broken Sword about 10 years ago on the PS 1. I didn't have a PC at the time and played mostly on that wondeful console.Lots of RPG's and the few P'n'C games there were at the time. To this day we have played the first 2 BS games about 10 times and it never gets boring, always providing additional commentary in the game and making new gaming memories. Altough I also play them alone, the feeling cannot be replaced when I play with members of my family. We have played through loads of them, from GF, DOTT, FT, MI series, The longest journey and Dreamfall, Sam and Max, Runaway series and others (better not to name them all since the post is getting a bit long ).
Don't worry I won't drag out the whole family gaming history
I have been on Adventuregamers for some time but only recently registered and know finally decided to become a part of the community and maybe try out in writing a couple of reviews of the games I love to play. I will probably be looking for some new games on here to play once i find the best thread for that.

Now quick look behind youm a three headed monkey!