View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #18
Bakhtosh

I doubt that the dtp support can help here.

The reason is that dtp was the publisher of "The moment of silence" but as with most games they publish, they only distributed it in german speaking countries. For other countries they cooperate with local distributors/publishers to distribute their games.

The problem here is that the local distributors has the rights for the local markets and decide how the game gets distributed and copy protected there. It looks like the distributor for UK for "The moment of silence" was Digital Jesters. This company got in trouble and was liquidated in 2005.

The german version distributed by dtp got two patches - one 2004 and one 2005. The 2005 one was supposed to solve some copy protection issues (it also used StarForce).

The UK version distributed by Digital Jesters only got the first patch. It looks like the second one wasn't released for the UK version. I can only guess that Digital Jesters was already in trouble by that time. The problem is that dtp may don't have the rights to release patches or EXE files for the UK version since the rights were on Digital Jesters side and it may be unclear where they have gone now...

Of course this is just a guess. I would try it also.