View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #6
zobraks
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventor View Post
Thank you zobraks for your save files!
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help someone since there were times when I needed help too and people I didn't know helped me.
Quote:
You had collected far more items than I had from previous sections.
That's because my Edna didn't get caught by the ground floor guards before thoroughly exploring all the other floors of the asylum. I did a lot of things Edna was supposed to do after capturing.
I learned that later from MaGtRo's (excellent, as usual) walkthrough when I had to peek into it .
Quote:
But this was actually a good thing because with your save files and mine I was able to compare them and figure out what the program was reading and fix the bug!
Hehe, the good Lord never closes a door without opening a window, I reckon . Now you helped me understand how the save game system in Edna & Harvey works and I thank you for that. Just hope I won't have to fiddle with that (I'm at the very end of the game ).

Quote:
What happened was that for some crazy reason the fly was saved to the same inventory slot as the fly!
Just to show I read your posts carefully: you actually meant that 'the fly' was saved to the same inventory spot as some other item (not 'the fly'), right?
Quote:
So what you have to do is open the inventarobjekt.csv file inside your save folder, find the line for the missing item (in my case "Fly") it should look like below:

1013;0;Fly;items/fliege;9;a;19991301;0;19991331

the number ;9; after items/fliege (the location of the graphic for the item) refers to the inventory slot starting from 1 at harvey counting up as you go to the right then starting on the next line above. Change the number to an open inventory slot, then save and you're good to go!
You actually had a mini-adventure inside your main adventure. I guess Lace Mamba can charge you an extra for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
What you just said made my head hurt.
And fov can sue you for pain & suffering .

Last edited by zobraks; 05-04-2011 at 12:49 AM.