View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Haplo

Default Save Games in Sherlock Holmes: Rose Tattoo

Hi everyone,

I'm new to DosBox and I'm having trouble with a recently downloaded version of "The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Curse of the Rose Tattoo" (phew, what a title). I got it from [link removed] - a site that, as you probably know, bundles the game as an exe file and everything so you're just supposed to install and then go.

Everything seems to be running smooth - game plays full-screen through the intro sequence no problem and I can control the main character - but I can't seem to save the game.

When I enter the save menu I can select and name the slot to save in, but as soon as I return to either the save or load menu (either after or before quitting the game) the slot will be empty. The only slot with a name is number one which from the beginning has been named '[site name removed]'

I've tried asking for help at their site, to no avail. Maybe you guys have experience with the site and/or just have an idea for a solution.

So - can I possibly find a way to save internally through the game and/or does DosBox have a save function?

Running windows 7 btw.

Thanks in advance,
Haplo

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 01-14-2011 at 03:13 AM. Reason: site links removed - probably illegal