Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #3451
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Do you find it easier to fall in love with people when they show emotional vulnerability?
2. In the movie of your life, who would play your love interest?
3. Would you ever (temporarily or permanently) switch reproductive organs with your (real or hypothetical) partner, if the technology existed?
1. I don't think I actually fall in love with people who don't show emotional vulnerability. I'm not comfortable around people who are unaffected.
2. Heh. That reminds me of The Witches of Eastwick, for some reason.
3. Knowing full well that I'd make a true hash of it, nevertheless, I'd give it a go if my partner wanted to see what it would be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
1. In the movie of your life, who would play your mum?
2. In the movie of your life, who would play you?
3. What would be the title of the movie of your life?
1. Shirley Maclaine
2. Well, since Maury Chaykin died, I suppose the only appropriate substitute would be Jim Broadbent.
3. Songs In the Key of Why.

Quote:
1. Art or love?
2. Art or life?
3. Art or science?
1. Love, though my love often gets expressed in my art.
2. I'm much better at art than I am at life.
3. I'm much better at art than i am at science. That said, I tend to prefer the scientific argument over the artistic one in most things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. Is there leife after death?
2. Do you believe in ghost ?
3. What scares you ?
1. Well, Leif Ericson has been dead for several centuries, so one could make a fair argument for leif.e after death.
2. Well, I liked the movie, but I wouldn't say I believe in it. That said, I was deeply moved by Patrick Swayze singing Henry the Eighth, and even broke into an impromptu performance of it at the end of Etcetera's And Sew Fourth, in large part because of Ghost.

Quote:
1. How do you generally react to things that scare you?
2. How do you generally react to things that upset you?
3. How do you generally react to things that annoy you?
1-3. Avoidance, unless it seems fairly certain that I will be made to suffer great humiliation, in which case, I grit my teeth and blunder in and see if I can't fix whatever it is I'm afraid/upset/annoyed of/by. Doesn't often work out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Do you consider yourself creative?
2. Do the people around you consider you creative?
3. Do you enjoy creativity in other people?
1. On good days. the rest of the time, I'm a hack.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

Quote:
1. If you were to dress for work, what would you wear?
2. If you were to dress for a Christmas dinner with your job/school, what would you wear?
3. What do you wear when you come home from work/school?
1. What I usually do. Self-employment sucks, even when it works, but it has its compensations.
2. I'd probably be the one in the Santa suit, if I had one.
3. As little as possible.

Quote:
1. Do you consider yourself popular?
2. Do the people around you consider you popular?
3. Do you enjoy popularity in other people?
1. No.
2. I hope not.
3. If they do things I greatly enjoy, yes. Otherwise, I don't tend to notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
1)If you were the emperor of the earth what would you do?
2)Have you ever wanted to hurt someone and when and why?
3)What's your opinion on the constant rising number of homosexuals?
1. I would strictly enforce the use of crayons for all adults for a minimum of one hour per day, to remind them that they were children once, too. I think a lot of the world's problems could be solved if people remembered their childhood a little more often, good or bad.
2. Yes, but I don't take pride in such feelings, so I won't discuss them here.
3. My opinion is that your question is misleading, misguided and offensive, and that is the only answer you'll get from me... or most people on this forum, if I know them. You're dangerously close to becoming a permanent resident of my ignore filter.

Quote:
1. Do you consider yourself friendly?
2. Do the people around you consider you friendly?
3. Do you enjoy friendliness in other people?
1. I have my moments, but I know I'm capable of being less than pleasant with certain types of people. I have a low tolerance for deliberate ignorance.
2. I suspect so.
3. I prefer it, yes. I can honestly say that there are many times when I have found it preferable for people to be polite and friendly than to be frank.

Quote:
1. What has, so far, been the best about Christmas/(if you don't celebrate Christmas) this weekend?
2. What has, so far, been the worst about Christmas/(if you don't celebrate Christmas) this weekend?
3. What are your plans for New Years Eve?
1. The best thing was, the world didn't stop.
2. The worst thing is, I didn't see or get to hug/kiss any of the people I'd been hoping to.
3. I don't have any plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. You wouldn't happen to know what I would need to connect my guitar up to my KAOSS pad would ya? (if you don't, just say LITERALLY ANYTHING that comes to mind)
2. How easy do you find it to make new friends?
3. Do you still keep in touch with old friends?
1. I'm guessing a KAOSS pad is some sort of MIDI device you wish to process a guitar signal with. I suspect you need some sort of D.I. connector, but as I have no practical experience with the device, i can't tell you which will work best for you. sorry, man.
2. Depends on where I meet them and what their interests are. Most folks I can basically get along with, as long as they're not actively antagonistic, but very few make me comfortable enough to become friends.
3. Yes, though not as much as I should.

Quote:
1. What did you get for Xmas?
2. What didn't you get for Xmas?
3. What are you doing for Boxing Day?
1. Cards, mostly.
2. Nookie.
3. Hiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
1. Are there any holiday traditions that you've gladly abandoned?
2. Are there any holiday traditions that you've abandoned/stopped that you miss or regret stopping?
3. If you had the chance to participate in a flash mob in your city or town, what would you want to do?
1. Carol singing.
2. Gift giving.
3. Impromptu rock concert.

What is your:
1) Greatest wish?
2) Biggest regret?
3) Plan for the new year?