View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #6077
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Got anything like Stone Sour or Slipknot? (I do listen to gentle music as well on occasion. I've even got a Polyphonic Spree album somewhere)
*chuckles* Now I really wish I had a copy of The Last Stand laying around somewhere. that was kind of a Moroccan Roll number, a la The Tea Party (via Led Zeppelin, of course). I do have Thick & Thin, though. It's a strange number, but it's got balls.

In truth, I rarely got what I would consider to be intense performances from Etcetera. The drummer wanted to be in Queen, the guitar player wanted to be Pearl Jam, the bass player wanted to be at home, but would settle for being in Rush, and I wanted to be in King Crimson, but was willing to settle for Genesis if I could get it. Go figure. In the end, we mostly sounded like a bad Saga cover band. Any hard rock lyrics I wrote before joining Etcetera never got used.

Incidentally, I like the sound of Stone Sour, though they have that post-grunge Creed thing going on. Slipknot I never really got into. And Polyphonic Spree's first album was fun, but I don't particularly regret not picking up anything they've done since.