View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #983
inm8#2

This thread is kind of depressing - so many fans waiting for Gray Matter fighting with each other over all sorts of things as a way to cope with the delays.

It's been a long road, guys, but if we've waited this long we can wait a bit longer. I have all the faith in Jane Jensen, and if there are other holdups out of her control then we just have to deal with it.

The discussion about graphics, budgets, etc. is understandable but it's almost as if these expectations for cutting-edge technology were heightened in response to the delay. Temper your expectations and understand that Jane had to go to Germany just to find someone who would cough up some money to make this game! That should be indication enough that the graphics/technology MIGHT not set a new standard in the gaming industry, but I'll guarantee that they'll be appropriate and fitting for the story that's being told.

R.e. comparisons to Heavy Rain, that was a great game and I loved it, but it was not an adventure game. The gaming emphasis was on interactivity and cinematics, not adventuring. Apples and oranges. Different budgets. Different selling points.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown