View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
mgeorge

I know TLJ is revered around here, (and pretty much everywhere), but I just couldn't get into it. The story didn't grab me initially, nor the puzzles. Of course that was my first venture into AG's, (and I'm not very good at puzzles anyway) so it could be that I wasn't used to the genre and how things work. I didn't play any AG's until 3 or 4 years ago, and I played it because of it's reputation.

I did play Dreamfall and and didn't enjoy that very much either. The combat and stealth in the game was awful, and I didn't really "get" the story until later portions of the game. Either because I didn't play TLJ first, or I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Either way I found controlling April a real pain in the derriere and surprised I got through to the end. And when I did, found the ending way to vague.

One of these days I'll try and replay the original.

As to Tunguska, I'm surprised I liked it as much as I did, but personally found it guilty of doing a lot of things I despise about the traditional AG.

And to Gray, I think I will pass on Nibiru. If you say the story is crap, I want nothing to do with it. I didn't think Tunguska was a great game, but it at least had an interesting story with a cohesive ending.