Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #3314
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
1) What's the most difficult-to-find music album you own or have a digital copy of?
2) What artist, musician or writer do you consider to be an influence on your life?
3) What are you going to be doing around, say, six o'clock tonight? Wanna meet me at Gage Park? Flock of Seagulls is playing. Wanna come?
1. Compression, by Mike Rutherford, with Anthony Phillips playing awesome keys.
2. Alan Moore, Peter Gabriel, and Jackson Pollock.
3. Well, I was there. Where were you, dude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. Do you react to feelings of loneliness in odd ways? I, for example, occasionally feel slightly ill and worry and dwell on it a bit.
3. If you were within a realistic distance, how interested would you be to meet the Hammerman in person?
1. I get anxious and manic and nutsy when I'm feeling lonely. It does tend to manifest itself physically, but then, lots of stuff does with me.
3. That would be cool. No idea what or where we'd be going, but meeting up would be cool, if I could get over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Say you were casting voices for characters from a region you don't have first hand experiences with. If the choice was between regional accuracy and good acting, which would you choose?
2. What's a good way to appear less intimidating to people without turning into a complete doormat?
3. What's one of your favourite examples of musical humour?
1. I'd probably settle for regional accuracy, though I wouldn't be happy with it if I learned that the intonations were disastrously off.
2. Be bold but fun, even as you practice unflinching honesty. And apologize a lot.
3. Frank Zappa - Wind Up Working In A Gas Station

1) You've made a horrible mistake! You've been working on a novel for about seven years, and only in the last few days has it occurred to you that it's going to be WAY too long to publish as one book. Do you:
a) edit it mercilessly until you get one rather long but doable novel out of it?
b) pick a spot somewhere in the middle, break it in half, and edit the two halves until they feel like natural twins that the publisher will be driven to publish?
c) break it into three very manageable parts and try to sell it as a trilogy, knowing full well that most first time authors can't sell trilogies to established publishers?
d) split up the three interlocking plots and try to create the illusion that they are three separate books in a series, when in fact they are still the same huge book seen from three different angles?
e) scrap the whole thing and go back to writing sci-fi?
2) You run into an old schoolmate who hears you make music, and wants to jam with you. Problem is, you haven't been playing much, and you know you sort of suck. Do you:
a) practice like mad from now until the date you set?
b) take along your songbook and play him things he won't know how to play?
c) call him on the day and tell him you've contracted something contagious and can't go out?
3) You've been waking up early in the morning for months, despite medication to help you sleep better. Problem is, whenever you get up and try to do something constructive, you get tired too quickly and start dragging your butt around all day. Do you:
a) get in the habit of going back to bed after you've worn yourself out a bit goofing off on YouTube?
b) take your meds, make some strong coffee, and push like mad to reach the end of the day?
c) call your doctor and arrange to review your medication until you find a new solution?

Or, you know, something else I haven't thought of?