Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #3310
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
1) What's the first thing you remember ever posting to or commenting about on the internet?
2) Who is (was?) your oldest internet friend?
3) How many of your internet friends have you met in real life?
1. I tried looking this up for myself as well, and found I couldn't go back to the start. However, one of the earliest blog entries I can remember quite well was when I posted a short eulogy for George Harrison. I wish I still had that somewhere, so I could see if I wrote a proper eulogy or if I just mentioned his passing in passing. That definitely wasn't the first thing I blogged, but my ancient Geocities website was pretty much the first blog I ever started. Other than that, my first appearance on the world wide web was in late 1998 at www.ComcBookResources.com, where I asked someone to give me a capsule update of what the X-Men had been doing since I'd stopped reading in the early 90s. They were really nice and helped me out tremendously, so I stayed for a few years to help direct traffic, even though I slowly drifted away from comics again.
2. My oldest internet friend is Drew Anderson, whom I still maintain contact with, thanks to Facebook. I've lost several other old CBR friends along the way, including my first and second internet romances, but Drew was the best of the best for me, so I was quite happy to get him back. I also still have Tina and Jaye, who are both very sweet, so that's good.
3. Well, I hadn't met many until I got involved with my wife, who dragged em to NYC to meet several of my Livejournal friends. Previous to that, I'd really only met my ex-fiancee and her best friend, whom I knew from CBR. I still haven't met Drew or most of the CBR gang. And of course you guys all know I've met Deirdra in person, which was fantastic. If you ever get the chance to meet her, do so. She's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. Do you enjoy arguing?
  2. How much of your internet activity would you classify as "social"?
  3. Let's say you had no internet access at all for a month. How would this bother you?
1. No. Hate it, in fact.
2. Pretty much all of it, save for the research parts, which I don't really consider as social as Deirdra does (though she's correct).
3. Yes, but I'd probably bury myself in work until it was over... unless I too was on that vacation in the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. How do you imagine people's "forum persona" would differ from how they are outside of it?
2. Is your's any different?
3. Are there any forum members who you would be interested to meet off of the forum, out of related curiosity?
1. Some internet people really are social and gregarious in real life, I've found, but most of them tend to be fairly reserved, until you get to know them better.
2. Not too much. I can be pretty boisterous in real life if you get me on the right topic. However, I need to warm up around people, too, and I definitely don't talk as much when my wife is in the room. I usually let her lead the parade in real life.
3. I'd love to meet a great number of you, actually. It's almost a shame you all live so far away from me (except Jack, whom I still haven't met). And yeah, more Deirdra Time would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
3. Really, I'd be bothered by the fact that I couldn't communicate on a regular basis with certain loved ones, but I'd like to hope I had something (or someone) interesting to occupy myself with in the meantime, so it wouldn't be so bad.
Awwwww...
Quote:
3. I'd really like to see Lee in person again, because it's been way too long.
It has.
Quote:
1. About how many times in your life have you ridden on a plane?
2. Do you ever imagine people speaking their typos in real life?
3. Do you enjoy playing with bubble wrap?
1. Three times. Twice to Minnesota and once to NYC. The second time I went to NYC, I went by moving van.
2. Occasionally, if I'm talking to someone who is given to deliberate typo speak. I sometimes say things like 'Teh' for effect, as in 'Squinky is Teh Hawtniss'. You know, stuff like that.
3. Oddly enough, I do, sometimes. However, there is a standing rule in Limbo that all bubble wrap belongs to Vlad.

1) What's the most difficult-to-find music album you own or have a digital copy of?
2) What artist, musician or writer do you consider to be an influence on your life?
3) What are you going to be doing around, say, six o'clock tonight? Wanna meet me at Gage Park? Flock of Seagulls is playing. Wanna come?