Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #3279
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Clearly, you need new pets. I'd volunteer myself, but that'd probably get you in a lot of trouble.
But it would be so worth it.
Quote:
Your music wasn't all that bad. You should've kept it up.
Flatterer. I'll get back to it someday. Just need to focus on writing for a while, try to get my so-called career started. then I can focus on music again. I don't compartmentalize well.
Quote:
That, I'd love to see/hear. On both counts.
So would I.
Quote:
*hugs*
Quote:
3. "Oh, you touch my tralala! Mmm, my ding ding dong!"
LAWL!!
Quote:
1. What would you do if you were deeply in love with someone who you knew cared for you but was otherwise attached to someone else?
2. What would you do if you were deeply in love with someone who you knew cared for you but wasn't ready for a serious relationship right now?
3. What would you do if, try as you might, you couldn't fall in love with anyone at all?
1. Wait. And wait. Not because I should, or because I think it's a good thing to do. I'm just telling you what I'd do. And I know I would, because I have been there.
2. Wait. And wait. Maybe write a few books in the meantime.
3. This is a question I can't even imagine answering honestly for you, hon. I have always been a hopeless romantic. I had my first 'girlfriend' at the age of seven. *shrug* Still didn't lose my virginity until I was 23, but I had known real love before then. And even had a threesome before that. Life is strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. How far beyond your comfort zone are you willing to push yourself?
  2. Are there any ideals which are more important, in your life, than your own happiness is?
  3. What have you always wanted to do, but never gotten around to to this day?
1. I try to do so on a fairly regular basis, but I think I'm getting a little set in my ways these days.
2. Loving and taking care of the ones I love.
3. 'Always' wanted to do? Sell enough books to live comfortable with my loved ones. The details have been hazy, but the goal remains the same.

Quote:
1. In gradual steps, and only then, at my own pace and motivation. I don't like being pressured by other people to go outside my comfort zone.
Glad to hear this.
Quote:
3. Watch Doctor Who.
So want to fix this.
Quote:
1. Describe the best possible version of yourself.
2. How far off are you from that?
3. How do you know that's who you want to be?
1. The version you believe in, I think.
2. I suspect I'm many miles off from that.
3. Because there aren't very many people who make me feel anywhere as good about myself as you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Describe the worst possible version of yourself.
2. How close are you to that?
3. How do you know that's not who you want to be?
1. Sleeping in an insane asylum, dreaming of the life I could have been leading by now.
2. In the book, my surrogate has been there for over a decade. I sometimes wonder if I'm not already there myself. Other times, I just think it's not that far a leap from here to there.
3. Because I would lose the people I love. Even if they're only in my head, I'd die without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. What is the most you have ever done for someone without reward? (not including close family.)
2. What lengths have you gone to to impress/attract a girl/boy? Or what have you considered doing even if you didn't actually do it!
3. What is the longest you have ever slept in one go as a teenager/adult?
1. I can't recall. I'm not a philanthropist, but I do from time to time do little good deeds without any hope of being done to in kind. It's not a moral or religious thing, and it's not some hopped up self-pride thing. It's just how I'm wired. I can't bear to say no to someone in need, unless I'm in rough shape myself.
2. I used to try far too hard to impress the people in my life that I thought I loved. As I got older, I got better at just being myself and attracting people that way. The last major thing I did to keep someone happy (different question) was marry them. that may have been poor judgment on my part.
3. I think I may have slept a good eighteen hours a few times when I was younger and doing a lot of temp work while crashing from a manic upswing. I don't do that anymore.

1. Name the worst thing you'd rather die than be forced to do.
2. Have you ever had a secret so dire that you simply couldn't bring yourself to share it with your dearest loved ones? (and no, I don't want you to tell me what it was/is)
3. How far would you be willing to go outside of your comfort zone to win the heart of the one you love?