View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
needinghelp

Default Still Life 1 for Vista

Alright I have become so frustrated with loading this game on my Vista, but I am determined as ever to get it running. I've read quite a few message boards reguarding this exact matter and it seems like I need a direct walkthrough of some sort. I have just uninstalled the game and am ready to try again. The first error that I get comes up when I install the game (mind you this is not with compaibility settings yet). It will reach 97% and then tell me "The following error occurred on the file ESLNPF\MCKINPUTBLOCKS.DLL'. Access is denied. (0x5)." I am then given the option of abort, retry or ignore. In the previous times I have tried to download, I have chosen ignore and am eventually able to run the game (after I have updated the drivers from starforce) without compatibilty mode running, however, that's when I reach the eternal black screen. I have heard the way to fix this is running it through compatibilty with windows NT or 98, but I always get a message popping up, telling me that it is impossible to run the program in compatibility mode and that I should turn it off. Can someone please help me out with this problem? I really don't want to have to give up! Thanks.