You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #1

Default Still Life 1 for Vista

Alright I have become so frustrated with loading this game on my Vista, but I am determined as ever to get it running. I've read quite a few message boards reguarding this exact matter and it seems like I need a direct walkthrough of some sort. I have just uninstalled the game and am ready to try again. The first error that I get comes up when I install the game (mind you this is not with compaibility settings yet). It will reach 97% and then tell me "The following error occurred on the file ESLNPF\MCKINPUTBLOCKS.DLL'. Access is denied. (0x5)." I am then given the option of abort, retry or ignore. In the previous times I have tried to download, I have chosen ignore and am eventually able to run the game (after I have updated the drivers from starforce) without compatibilty mode running, however, that's when I reach the eternal black screen. I have heard the way to fix this is running it through compatibilty with windows NT or 98, but I always get a message popping up, telling me that it is impossible to run the program in compatibility mode and that I should turn it off. Can someone please help me out with this problem? I really don't want to have to give up! Thanks.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #2

About the only fix that I found for it is a NoCD patched exe with NT4 compatibility mode. Just don't ask here where to find it as it can be associated with illegal copies.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #3

Ha, I just found a post about this and have been trying to work with it. I don't think that I am using it correctly however. Is there a certain location that I need to save the no cd patch to and from there does it need to be opened? Please give me specific locations because I think that I am doing it wrong. Also, do I need to remove the starforce drivers?
Old 07-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #4

You just replace the original exe with the patched one. I am a little uncomfortable going into any more details about it on this board. There should be instructions with it. If not you can ask where you got it from.