View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #15
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
And they don't sell non-localized versions? All the localization here is a two-page part in Finnish in the paper manual. Not that any game (or movie, aside from kids' stuff) ever has for example dubbing.

I only just found Sam & Max: Season 2 this week in Finland (in retail). So, maybe you could take another look? Or then it really is how you said...
Unfortunately not. Localization is a pretty big thing around these parts, hiring big-name actors (not only voice-over actors, but polish film stars) is quite common. The "PL" language stamp is a selling point for a lot of people I guess.

I suppose it's got something to do with German and Russian being much more 'popular' languages in schools than English for a long time. Come to think of it, it's still going on in the smaller cities - my two younger cousins, both around 18, have never had English classes.

Case in point - even Machinarium gets 'professionally translated' over here And the "polish language version" is a proud member of the games 'features list'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPME9999 View Post
Don't be surprised if your wish might be fullfilled in the not so distant future
You mean people are 'picking it up' for themselves, or do you have some inside distribution info?

Last edited by MoP; 06-04-2010 at 06:40 AM.