View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 04:07 AM   #1
Hol
3D artist

Default Playable Moon Game

This project is based on the 2009 film 'Moon'. I have made two versions of the base: one pre-rendered and one in real-time 3D. Please play them both and tell me:

1. how do they compare to one another?

2. which would you prefer to play as a fully-fledged adventure game?

3. and any other thoughts and comments you may have.

Please keep in mind that the pre-rendered character is not my own, it came with the wintermute engine. Sorry there is not much actual gameplay other than exploring.

Here are the download files:

Pre-rendered version 13.5mb

Real-time version 152mb

You will need WinRAR to unpack these files. Once unpacked follow these instructions:
Pre-rendered version: double-click the 'Game' file and the game should run.
Real-time version: double click to install, this may take a bit of time as UDK installs some files, you might get some messages saying certain parts couldn't be installed, don't worry, it should still work. Once installed find HGrint-Moon-Game in your start menu and click to open.
In the UT menu select 'Instant Action > Deathmatch > Next > HGrintMoon > Start game' and RIGHT CLICK when the game starts to get it to work properly. (otherwise the player character won't load)

I will also post up a video of the real-time environment for those with slow internet connections or old computers.

NB: These files will be up for a limited amount of time due to webhosting restrictions.

Last edited by Hol; 04-26-2010 at 04:42 AM.