Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 01:06 AM   #3134
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. What would you like to do again that you used to do a lot when you were a kid?
2. Why don't you do it now?
3. What do you do now that you would like to do as a kid?
3a. Why didn't you do it then?
1. Stay home and watch children's television.
2. I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go.
3. I write novels, which 3a. I only tried to do as a child, in a sort of crayon-comics-in-the-margins kind of way. I was a graphic novellist from the earliest days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
1. Why don't you listen to more music?
2. Why don't you listen to more music live?
3. Why don't you play more music?
1. If I listened to more music, it would be a dead lock that I'd never sleep. oh, wait...
2. I don't have the time or money to get out and hear bands as much as I used to, and my wife doesn't like noisy, crowded venues much, which takes away from the fun of small venues. We're going to see the Barenaked Ladies in a week or so. Meanwhile, I have a growing collection of live DVDs. I love my rock concerts.
3. Mainly because I wince at how rusty I've gotten, and I've never loved playing my instruments enough to want to hear bum notes over and over again without some short term goals and a bit of incentive, like band mates looking on and such. I'm a songwriter, not a true musician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
By "off the rails" I didn't mean "crazy". I like crazy. Maybe I should have used the phrase "jumped the shark". That might have been clearer.
No, I think I understood you. I just think that most shows either slowly degrade or suddenly realize what they've been trying to do all along was wrong and make a major shift. Very rarely do I feel that a programme I've been watching avidly actually jumps the shark. Mind you, I am extremely selective about my TV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. Would you say you're currently addicted to anything, be it a physical, mental or figurative addiction? And if so, what?
  2. What do you do when you're in a bad mood?
  3. How many really good friends do you have?
1. Agreeing with Squinky: caffeine. Without it, the motor doesn't run so good.
2. LOUD MUSIC!
3. My closest, dearest friends I can count on one hand. I'm in love with all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Who do you think would win in a tuba duel: me or Trumgottist?
2. Where do you think would be a good place for my band to tour?
3. How many acquaintances do you have?
1. My money's on you, but propriety demands I not explain myself in public.
2. ONTARIO!!!
3. I can probably count those on my fingers and toes, but I don't. It's teh close friends that I pay the most attention to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. What machine you have do you like most?
2. Who do you like most in the world?
3. What abstract concept is dearest to you?
My computer, followed by my iPod, my stereo and my Wii.
2. Ooooooo.... a trick question. I can't answer that and be fair to the small handful I love.
3. Creativity.

1) If you accidentally erased something that effectively wiped out your entire MP3 collection, would you rather start recollecting it all over again, or would you use data recovery software that renamed all of your files, forcing you to go back in and rename everything, including the files that lost their meta data?
2) If you had forgotten to contact your doctor about renewing your sleeping pill prescription, would you save your last sleeping pill for the next weeknight, or would you take it tonight and try to catch up on what little rest you're likely to get this weekend?
3) If your boss told you he was planning on giving you more responsibility in a job that is already making you crazy, would you hang in there hoping to get the bills paid off, or would you run for the hills and hope to find some other way of getting the bills paid (like gov't assistance, etc...)?