Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 04:52 AM   #3128
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. Has there ever been a really great fantasy (as opposed to science-fiction) TV show?
  2. What TV show do you know of that went most spectacularly off the rails?
  3. Let's say you're given control of that show. (If it's been off the air for a long time, say it goes back on the air and any dead actors needed are resurrected.) What do you do to get it back to where it ought to be?
1. Does The Tudors count? It's actually Historical Fiction disguised as Biopic, but they play pretty fast and loose with the history part. Another thought is The 10th Kingdom, but that was a mini series. As was Merlin. And I think there was a Beastmaster TV series, and there was Xena and there was Hercules, and of course Highlander, but that was only part historical, though it was definitely all fantasy in my books.
2. You mean accidentally, of course. As in, 'they didn't deliberately set out to make their series go *sproing*--it just turned out like that'. Umm... I can't think of any that come to mind. I usually like it when series get a little weird. That's when I start watching, really. I don't think of it as 'going wrong'; I think of it as 'they're getting it right, at last'.
3. Hire David Kemper, Rockne O'Bannon, Brian Henson, Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Gigi Edgley, as much of the rest of the old crew as possible, rebuild the Moya set, and then get the heck out of the way while Farscape returns from the ashes and makes this fanboy extremely happy. Barring that, I'd write it myself. I practically was when i started the first draft of my Ashes novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
1. Predict the name of a new musical sub-genre that could possibly evolve in the near future; what would that sound like?
2. Which place on Earth is the emergence of the new sound most likely to occur?
3. Which social strata would engage in the recording of such music, and would any sweeping geo-political changes be required to precipitate its rise?
1. Squidcore. It would be heavy on digital effects, but the overall tone would be that of hearing a rock concert underwater.
2. Toronto. Anyone who plays at the Molson Amphitheatre already has some idea of what this sounds like anyway.
3. Mostly kids would change the colour of their emo clothing from black to purple, but really, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What does your ideal office look like?
2. If you had to sell an abstract concept of your choice in a can, which would it be?
3. What will be the name of your favourite mariachi steampunk song?
1. Like Sterling Carcieri's office, with the high tech stuff carefully disguised as 1940s furnishings.
2. In a can, huh? I've been trying to sell abstract concept my whole life, but I never thought of putting them in a can. Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong all this time. Wrong packaging. I think I will have to give this some thought, but if you want a quick answer, how's about Cream of Consciousness Soup ?
3. /Edit>Rewind>Dance, Gringo, Dance or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. When was the last time you were really angry and why?
2. If you could only have baths or showers from this day forth, which would you choose?
3. How does the first verse, or chorus, of "The incredible tequila powered locomotive machine" go? (tune not necessary).
I've been highly frustrated for days, but I rarely ever get truly angry. Usually it means my meds aren't working, or I've run low. I'm very mild mannered by nature.
2. Probably showers, though I would miss all those wild bath parties with the coeds.
3. I was making time with my senorita
She was making time with Jose
I was determined to win her
She seemed to think I was
Gaining too much weight
So I decided I needed some courage
And I bought a bottle of gold
I shared it with my senorita
And I think that she's finally sold.
She calls me
Her incredible tequila powered locomotive machine of love
And she swears that she loves me with the voice of a dove
I know I can never leave the only lover I'm thinking of
But tequila makes me sleepy so I'm going to bed up above.
aye aye aye...

1) What do you think the odds are that this fresh Windows install is actually going to last more than three days?
2) What should I do first: Recovery Point, Motherboard Drivers, or Windows Update?
3) If the computer dies again, do you think I should hit it repeatedly with a mallet until it's a pile of rubble, and then go back to sending email by smoke signal?