View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #11
amunptah

Im sure Studio Cottage/Harbour Cottage is quite different inside, at least from what I have glimpsed through the windows. You probably know that in the game its all CG for the cottage interior, especially with that massive staircase and upper level! I mean, how do you fit that in the tiny cottage!
I've never been brave enough to knock, but maybe I will next time. I have spoken to the landlord at the Blue Peter inn but he had never heard of the game. The Blue Peter is up the steps you can see on the screen that shows the outside of The Bear, where the beer glasses are. The Bear is just a house in real life.
I spoke to a visitor to the area, by the lighthouse. She stays in Polperro every year. She thought I was a bit crazy for gushing about the game!
I also spoke to a lady inside Duloe Church who was cleaning. She sounded quite interested in seeing the game because she works in the church every week. It also has only a handful of worshippers, so she was hoping perhaps more people would start going there. I explained how a few puzzles worked in the game, and showed her where the photographs were taken for various scenes. I left her with the website address for the game, so perhaps she is playing as we speak.
The trouble for many of the areas is that more than half the property is holiday accommodation, so the towns are deserted in winter. Very few people are local local, most having moved from other parts of the country to retire.