View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
indyjones2131

Default My girlfriend loved Machinarium... Now what?

She played Kings Quest 7 when she was younger.

Watched over my shoulder for a few minutes while I played Curse of Monkey Island.

But we both played through Machinarium together and had a blast so now we're looking for something new.

Here is what she is looking for in an adventure game:

1) Good graphics (I know, I know). I tried to get her to play Kings Quest 6 but she couldn't get into it due to how "blurry" it was. She wants crisp, clean, high quality graphics. COMI style, Machinarium style. Whatever.

2) More puzzles less talking. She liked what she saw of Monkey Island, but thought that there was TOO much talking. (I know, I know). Basically we need something that has a lot of puzzles, but not a lot of talking to this person and that person and clicking through pages of dialog options.

3) A good mix of puzzles. Machinarium had inventory puzzles as well as Myst style puzzles. I prefer the inventory type, but the occasional Myst style would be OK as long as it plays fair.

4) Doesn't take itself all to seriously. Therefore something very approachable and slightly lighter in tone, though not trying too hard for laughs the whole time.

Whew. OK. I really appreciate it you adventure experts.

No TOMI please. I already played it. Also,I'm sure someone will recommend Samorost, which I AM thinking about, but I'd like other options as well.

Last edited by indyjones2131; 12-14-2009 at 12:14 PM.