View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
dantebk

Default Announcement: I wrote a book!

Hey folks!

You might know me, I’ve written a bunch of articles for Adventure Gamers. For example, I covered E3 this year, the Wallace & Gromit games, and just put up a review for Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition.

Anyways… I’ve launched a new personal website called “This is Great” at DanteKleinberg.com. It’s dedicated to talking about only stuff that’s great (at least in my opinion), with no snark or sarcasm. It’s only been up for a week, but there are a few posts you can read, and I have a lot more planned.

But the biggest thing I want to announce is that I’ve written a novel, and it just became available today on Amazon.com. It’s called Reinventing Alvin, and here’s the back-of-the-book synopsis:
Alvin Thomas has less than three weeks to produce the girlfriend he told the former love of his life he already had. To find one, he’ll have to get out of the comic book store and into the singles scene. But when “just being himself” leads to one humiliation after another, he forms a new plan: be someone else. It works so well it becomes addictive. From black belt to Buddhist, from park ranger to music producer, Alvin soon has more identities than he can handle, and his new girlfriends are starting to catch on.
You can read the first three chapters of Reinventing Alvin on my website to see if you like it, so here’s the link to that.

Thanks for your time! Hope you like the excerpt, and if you do decide to buy it, I hope you absolutely love the book itself.

-- Dante

P.S. Reinventing Alvin should be on Kindle (at a pretty decent discount) within a week or two if that’s more your thing. You can follow my Twitter or keep an eye on my website and I’ll announce when that’s available.