View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #11
millenia
She Wants Revenge

I have the same exact thing really. Though I do still enjoy those humorous adventures that have the bigger plot in them. I'd consider all the Monkey Islands (except for the 4th one perhaps) to have a somewhat interesting plot even with the humorous take.

But then there are those games like Grim Fandango and Discworld Noir who are hilarious but the plot is really engaging and just I can't wait to find out what's going to happen. Also the first Broken Sword falls into this category even though the humour isn't as dark and as plenty (the later games somewhat too but except for the 2nd I don't find them very good anymore).

For a long time I basically just played WoW, some Final Fantasy type games and some strategies like Civilization or HoMM. Then after a while I got back to adventures (I started with them originally really) and fell in love with Still Life and The Longest Journey where you live the stories with the protagonist and really hope everything goes well with her (or him). After these great stories like Syberia, TLJ, Dreamfall and Culpa Innata I can't just go back to "hahaha-adventures". I yearn for a story, more larger-than-life it is the better.

Btw, if you hadn't played some of the games I mentioned to be good here, go play now!