View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 02:58 AM   #12
geggis
the midnight rambler

My dad has never really 'got' gaming not even on a visual level - unless it's a car game that features state of the art graphics. He doesn't mind me playing them at all he just isn't interested. I remember showing him ICO at the bit where there's a windmill surrounded by water (if you've played it, you'll know the bit) and said "Wow, look at that" to which he shrugged his shoulders and just said "It's wasted on me."

Conversely, my mum didn't allow me to play Shadow of the Colossus unless she was sat watching because she thought it was beautiful and awe inspiring. My mum is really inquisitive about games though not really dexterous enough for anything other than adventure games, bless her. Unfortunately she's so dutiful of household stuff she doesn't make time to do recreational things, it's a shame really because she loved adventure games when we were younger and judging by her reminiscing, still would.

EDIT: sorry Trep, I'll try and get any pictures on here that I think will be relevant!

Last edited by geggis; 09-03-2009 at 03:07 AM.