View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
Marduk

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

I guess I was wrong about preaching to the choir. However I'm certain that many AG developers today are completely different people than those who were making them in the 90s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Type View Post
But most of the so-called modern adventure developers are not only untalented in many ways - they seem to know nothing about the genre itself.
I won't dispute that quite a few other developers have sprung up over the last few years and have created games which don't quite cut muster. I will point out that this is just an opinion and not based on fact. (I don't think I have played any of the games you mentioned in your post, but I have considered playing them from remarks from other members of this forum).

I, too, love puzzles. I'm very worried that developers are removing and ‘dumbing down’ puzzles to please a particular market trend in spite of many die hard fans who've kept the genre alive when the majority of the gaming world gave up on it. (And I said as much in here).