View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 05:23 AM   #7
Marduk

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

I find it very cool that there are more gamers out there in the 50+ bracket than the 18- group.

Mind you, anybody who was into games and in their 30s when *I* started gaming should now be in their 50s. When you think about it we should start expecting to see a lot of senior gamers in the next 10 or 20 years.

I remember watching "Get Carter" a couple of years ago with my step father at the cinema, so it was the uncensored version. (You won't get that on TV). In light of the amount of Sex and Violence in the movie I was pretty surprised that he and I were the youngest people watching it (my Step father being in his late 40s at the time). The next youngest group had to have been in their late 50s... Then it occurred to me that the film it self was over 30 years old and that, when it came out, the other people watching would have been in the bracket you'd have expected to see in attendance.

Hell, by the time I get passed middle age computer games might be seen as an activity just for old people, maybe even scoffed at and mocked by people under the age of 18.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
ps. How can I turn on reply notifications, so that I get an email everytime somebody replies?
At the top of the thread there should see something that says "Thread Tools". It opens a drop down menu. I imagine "Subscribe to this Thread" will do what you want but I've never actually used it myself.