View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Lupin The Third

Default Telltale considering doing Loom?!?!

http://www.totalpcgaming.com/latest-...g-at-telltale/

Quote:
Could Loom be the next big episodic series from Telltale Games?

Since the release of Lucasarts classics like the Sam & Max and Monkey Island-based episodic games from Telltale, the community has been given plenty of food for thought on what will get the episodic treatment next. Speaking to Total PC Gaming in a recent podcast interview, design director Dave Grossman (who worked on several original Lucasarts adventures and headed development of Tales Of Monkey Island) dropped this heavy hint:

“The one I always think about these days is Loom actually, and how ahead of its time it was. I think the problem with it at the time was that it was only two and a half hours long and now I find myself deliberately trying to design games that are only two and a half hours long. So I think… well, why not do that?”

Lucasarts’ Loom was the fourth point-and-click developed using the SCUMMVM engine and was a fascinating departure from the comical Monkey Island and Day Of The Tentacle games. It was a serious fantasy game that still captured the imagination of Lucasarts fans with the clever use of a musical distaff with spells, instead of a traditional inventory. It’s likely that if a Telltale version of Loom sees the light of day, the more adult tone of the original will ensure a less casual episodic series.