View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83
Default Professor Layton

I noticed that a discussion on the game has never been made, and given that a sequel is on its way, I figured it out that we Layton fans can have a thread to discuss the two games...

Yes, we Layton fans. I've started the game a week ago and I'm totally adoring it (I'm at Chapter Eight): it's certainly true that the puzzles and the story bear almost no connection, and it's equally true that the story is almost a tiny excuse for the puzzle solving... but I'm enjoying it no matter what. The quaint atmosphere, the quirky but lovable characters, the nice and gentle feeling of the mystery involved, the beautiful cutscenes and the stunning animations, the music, the well-written dialogues. I've played Professor Layton for more than fifteen hours and I'm never tired of it, and this is more than I can say for the majority of the PC adventures I've played this year. Obviously, I'm glad that a sequel - The Diabolical Box - is about to be released, and I can't wait for September!

What do you think of the first game? What improvements would you like to see in the sequel?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box