View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #12
rottford

Just finished it after about four, five hours (had the day off work). Absolutely loved it. Shorter than expected (I thought Dave said it would be much longer than the previous two), and I was sad to not see the notebook-phrase-association thing that was in Unbound, but the story was woven much more tightly and managed to bring in the previous two games. Won't give anything away, but the choice of location for the meeting place on the "other plane" toward the end felt pretty original and was an excellent choice by Gilbert. Very satisfied with the graphics, too.

The game wasn't overly challenging, either. Very logical. After two games with Rosangela, Lauren and Joey, as well as their unique personalities and "real-ness," I felt myself thinking, "What would Rosangela normally do in a situation like this?" And naturally, it was normally the right response to the puzzle at hand. Gilbert's done a good job creating his own little world here with unique characters and personalities. (Even incorporating a small reference to The Shivah at one point!) Definitely worth the money. Dave's got a good year going. First Emerald City, now the third Blackwell. What's next?