View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
The Seed
Irritant F0rum Beasty

The review pretty much sums up my own feelings about the game so far (I'd guess I'm at about the mid way point). I'd say I have a pretty reasonable patience threshold when it comes to games, but I have to admit the pacing in this one is seriously testing me...the only reason I know I'm not going to give up on it is the experience I had with CINGs pervious games (i.e. the first Another Code and Hotel Dusk) which I found pretty hard going early on but once the plot kicked in to fifth gear I found them almost impossible to put down. I think the main issue with the dialogue is that there just seems to be so much of it that's unnecessary, there have been some occasions where I've felt I'm having the same conversation over and over again.

I think the puzzles that are there are decent but they're just far too sparse, and I also feel it would be nice for the game to be a little more non-linear, I don't think that would have hurt the story too much, at least no more than the current dialogue situation.

That said I think the technology is great, and Lake Juliet is a very atmospheric location. I'd love to see a Hotel Dusk sequel using the same game engine, maybe set in a town rather than just a small hotel (given the larger scope that the Wii offers.) I'd say a Hotel Dusk update on the Wii has a fairly decent chance of happening, given they've just done that with Another Code, and also they left the ending of the original Hotel Dusk fairly open, I just hope if CING do decide to make one they make sure to take note of the criticisms that Another Code R has incurred.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!

Last edited by The Seed; 07-20-2009 at 08:41 AM.