View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #70
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Several people mentioned Black Dahlia. I agree that it's more of an underground hit than might seem obvious from lurking fave AG threads. I personally loved it. It's perhaps my favourite FMV game of all time (yes, surpassing GK3 for me, too. Sorry.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancer View Post
Anyway, my contribution to the thread would be: Keepsake.
I loved this game, and yeah, the annoying voice acting bothered me, but it was minimal, so I shrugged it off. Beautiful game. I should reload it sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Well, for me it has to be "Blackstone Chronicles".
I haven't seen this game in ages, but I remember playing it with my friend Wendy, and we definitely liked it. I don't think I ever got to see the ending though. I should track that game down. Wonder if it still runs.

And I should add something to the pile. No one has mentioned Shivers in this thread so far, but it was a Sierra game, so it's bound to have its adherents. I was just so amazed by it because it was the first really creepy AG I ever played and truly enjoyed.

I also offer you Obsidian. I thought this was a brilliant little game, and I've played through it a couple of times now. Unlike The Last Express or the Journeyman Project games, I've seen very few people mention it though.

And finally, perhaps the only game that crossed the line between CGI and FMV that I really thought worked back then, Temujin. I thought it was an excellent game. I only wish the screen wasn't half taken up by the (admittedly very cool looking) interface. I think it would be a brilliant game to revisit some day with modern graphics and resolution. I don't hear too many people comment about it though, so I kind of think of it as being a somewhat obscure classic.