View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 01:08 AM   #1
Sky Warrior Bob
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

Default Is Darkstar on your Radar?

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/darkstar/index.html

I could well see why it isn't, since the project was started in 2002, and there hasn't been much hype beyond what was initially released.

Anyway, Darkstar apparently is an adventure game created by a number of the talents behind MST3k. Despite the fact that the storyline seems like something that might make the show, its intended to be serious, and with good writing, I suppose it might be good.

Recently, I had reason to check on the Mst3k info website, and I checked the section of the website devoted to what the Brains are currently up too, and noticed this in Joel Hodgson's blub...

Quote:
Joel also filmed scenes for a live-action, science-fiction CD-ROM game entitled Darkstar. Those appearing with him in the project include Trace Beaulieu, Frank Conniff, Mary Jo Pehl, Josh "J. Elvis" Weinstein and Beth "Beez" McKeever. It is scheduled to be released in 2004.
So that means the game should see release in 2004, or perhaps by 2005 if there's any major set-backs.

Brian Henry, of the Mst3k website, pretty much confirmed this in this response:

Quote:
The game's still being worked on, but there's still been no firm release date set. We should be posting some news on the project in the not-too-distant future.
Hey, any adventure game to look forward too, is a good adventure game in my book. Well, at least until I get to play it. Then I can complain endlessly how I wasted my money.

I enjoy that kind of thing, although for the life of me, I can't say as to why...

Sky Warrior Bob