View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #16
nomadsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
"Deus Ex and Thief 2 were made at the same time"

Most companies are split into teams, each handling a specific project. Thankfully there are reasons why fans have no say in business decisions.
Correction(not same time, bad knowledge prevails)

spector quote

I was a huge believer in the 'immersive simulation' game style, exemplified by games like Ultima Underworld, and I wanted to push the limits of that sort of game further. But I could never get the project off the ground at Origin or, later, at Looking Glass. (I think it was lack of interest at Origin/EA and it was mostly a lack of money at LG!) But then John Romero and Ion Storm came along and said, 'Make the game of your dreams. No limits.' It took me about two nanoseconds to say 'Yes!'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeusEx#Development_history

Ionstorm made Deusex, Lookingglass made Thief , though some people were same, but definitely not same time LOL. DX proper development started after thief2gold edition completion. Its good to be fan you know, they know what they are talking about than pointing out mistakes in others statement and showing their bad homework.
Also , i don't know which part of world you live in , fans decision matter alot, its consumer shaping industry now, their feedback on forums changes the entire content now.Do you know bioshock LE was decided by fans?
Heck even SF4 console exclusive characters made their way into the game by poll, lol.I can give more examples but that would be enough.

And i would love to check how this eidos business decision to hire new team will turn out,lol.