View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
DustinNaef

Default Adult campy horror spoof graphic adventure game

Growing up I had two favorite pastimes: playing graphic adventure games and watching horror movies.

I've always wanted to write and create one of both, so I decided to fuse them both together and create a graphic adventure game that spoofs the kind of horror/slasher B-movies which continue to be so popular. Though I'm creating this primarily for my own amusement and entertainment, I do see myself publishing it for Windows and ipod when it's finished (that's what it's being developed to play on), for whatever that's worth. I think it'll definitely be something nobody's quite seen before, and probably cross more than a few lines, but I'm having a great deal of fun making it.

The title of the game is "Nudist Resort Massacre", which alone might conjure up some of the mayhem you can expect to find there. I only hope people will take this in the humorous spirit of which it's being made, and not freak out with moral indignation. Though there will be plenty of stuff for those types to freak out about...

The structure of the game will be similar to Myst, with digital ray-traced artwork for locations, video and animation, puzzle-solving, and animated CG characters.

I would like to invite anyone to take a look at it as a work-in-progress, as I plan on using my blog as a development journal as I finish it scene by scene, and would be appreciative of any feedback and comments between here and my blog. But be warned, the stuff on my blog is for MATURE audiences, so like many games and movies these days it's definately R-Rated, and not meant for children.

Thanks for checking this out, I've been an adventure gamer all my life, but this is my first foray into attempting to design one of my own, and I look forward to seeing what others in the community are doing.