View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #10
Melanie68
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverheim View Post
It is really annoying

I get this message all the time when browsing this web-page; "congratulations you are vistor no 1 million -click here to claim your prize". And a truly irritating beeping sound every few seconds to go with it.

Any website that feature such ads falls quite rapidly in my esteem, I'm sorry to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajerkaos View Post
Yeah, that's the one I was talking about!
And so I assume it didn't work to disable them then? Too bad, I don't mind it that much myself but I could really see this kinda stuff scaring away newcomers.
Did either of you happen to read Marek's post above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
You are right to complain about such ads and I apologize for the fact that they showed up. I don't like annoying unrelated ads either and have made it my goal to have all ads be normal and gaming relevant whenever possible. Sadly we are part of an ad network that sometimes tries to sneak in smiley/cursor/blinking ads. I have gone ahead and again disabled those manually, and I hope they don't show up again.
So, to reiterate what he said, we try not to have annoying ads on this site. All you need to do is say something and we will try and rectify it. Hopefully that will increase your esteem for us.