View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #25
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Hmmn. Well, I'm not quite as hypersensitive to the slings and arrows as Andrea and Lunatik, but I do think this kind of journalism is really just that punk internet journalism that accomplishes little else but making them sound well-versed in geek pop culture.

It's a fine enough article as these things go, but then, from what I could see of the site, their bread and butter is in poking fun at the idiosyncrasies of adventure and action-adventure gaming. So really, nothing special. Geek humour is more common than water on the internet these days, and really only works for a certain subset of internet user anyway, so it's not really particularly good humour.

Anyway, the cat moustache puzzle and the rubber duck puzzle reared their ugly heads, so now we can rest easy, because you know, before now, no one had ever really brought up those secret shames of ours. Oh wait, yes they have. Aren't these the same two puzzles that get brought up every damned time someone tries to analyze what went wrong with the AG genre? So yeah, whatever. Call me when you have something original to say.