View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
Karmillo
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin The Third View Post
I have to admit that when it was announced that Eternity's Child was leaving XBLA for Wiiware I was furious with MS...after all, how on earth does one go about losing such a beautiful looking exclusive title that was built upon the toolset specifically designed for your console! The excuse at the time was that the devs moved the game from XBLA because MS wouldn't give them the file size increase they needed for the high-res backgrounds...which was infuriating as well since MS had already allowed Capcom and Konami to violate file-size limits with a handful of their games...

This occurred around the same time that I became aware of another 2D platforming title for XBLA (Braid). So Eternity's Child quickly became one of my most anticipated indie games for the Wiiware/PC and a blemish upon MS's management of XBLA in my opinion. I couldn't understand how MS let EC go but kept something as preposterous-looking as Braid. Fast forward a few months and I'm shocked. Braid turned out to be simply amazing and EC appears to be garbage...plus the file size is only 50MB according to the game's Steam Page!!!

Gee...I guess the "MS won't give us a file size up-age" was a lie to cover up why MS wanted nothing to do with this game. Oh well, I know which new indie 2D game I'm buying tonight and it starts with a B. It's a real shame this game turned out so poorly (and an even greater shame that the dev is such a foul human being). Granted for $5 the artwork might be worth it to some..
Actualy I remember reading an interview of that guy, think it was on destructoid or something. I remember seeing him mention something about him not being good at paperwork wich is why he couldnt get his game on Xbox live and that the only reason he was getting it onto wiiware is cause he had a frine who worked with somehting or other that made it easyer for him to get it there...or something like that

But did something happen that I missed with the developer? The only other thing apart from this game I know about him is hes doing som holocaust game or something.