View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
Terramax

Default Anyone bought any rare game related stuff for cheap?

Just wondering, has anyone come across really expensive, rare items for a really cheap price? Might even find a trend going on that could help us all on those ebay bidding wars, eh?

For me, for anyone who's checked, trying to find a copy of the Myst IV: Revelation player's guide for anything under £40 has their work cut out for them. In fact, I've seen it go around £70-90 on Amazon at times.

However, there was one guy who was selling a copy of the guide with the actual game, and started bidding at £5.00.

However, his photo was just a stock photo of the game and nothing else. I only found out he was selling the guide with it because he mentioned it obscurely in one of the paragraphs and my google search engine found it.

So I bid... and got the game and guide for £7 including postage!!! I sold the game as I already have a copy, so in the end it only added up to £4.00. Awesome.

Another time was when I ordered a new Japanese copy of Ikaruga for the Dreamcast off of an asian videogame site (about £70 I think). Later that day I asked them to cancel it as I'd found it cheaper somewhere else, so they refunded me my £70.

Then, about a month later, I had a brand spanking new copy of Ikaruga come through the post. It seems they sent the item before cancelling my order. So I got it absolutely free.

Anyone else with some great stories?

EDIT: I've just realised this has been posted in the wrong section. Can someone redirect it to the general section?

Last edited by Terramax; 08-07-2008 at 10:00 AM.