View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
QDream

Default (spoilers inside) NEW!! DREAMFALL: CHAPTERS info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Tornquist
A lot of you - a lot of you - have been asking about the status of Dreamfall Chapters and the continuation of The Longest Journey saga. So let me try and clear up some of the confusion without, hopefully, making things even more confusing.

Dreamfall Chapters - and, by proxy, The Longest Journey - isn’t Funcom’s highest priority at this point. With Age of Conan live, The Secret World staffing up in every department, and other games in various stages of development, the project is currently on the back burner - but it hasn’t been abandoned.

Dreamfall is currently available for the 360 through Xbox Live and the PC through Steam, The Longest Journey is still selling after all these years, and despite keeping incredibly busy with various other projects, I intend to continue both the story of Dreamfall (and Zoë) as well as the saga itself through other games set in the same universe, possibly between the events of TLJ and Dreamfall…and before. And after.

I have A Few Ideas.

Also, there’s stuff that needs to happen before we close the book on our characters and their collective fates. All of our characters. Including you-know-who.

Fortunately for me, and perhaps unfortunately for you, nothing will happen with either Dreamfall or TLJ unless I’m directly involved, and right now my days are packed from beginning to end with The Secret World (and a few other things that I can’t talk about), but whenever I have a moment I pull up the relevant documents and tinker a bit with What Will Be in the grand TLJ saga.

When will things move forward? I actually don’t know, but when I do you’ll be the first to know. (Well, not quite the first, but you’ll be up there.) It’ll be a while, but we’re not going to ask you to wait forever.

Will Zoë be back?
Spoiler:
Of course. Her story isn’t over, not by a long shot. She’s changed - in more ways than one - but she’ll be back.

What happens to Kian Alvane? He’s an important part of the puzzle, and he’ll be an important part of Dreamfall Chapters. He’s in a Bad Place right now, but he’ll bounce back. He’s that kind of guy.

And is April Ryan really, really dead?

If I answered that one, there’d be no incentive to wait around for the continuation and conclusion. So I’m not telling.

source: Ragnar Tornquist himself (the creator of TLJ series)

Last edited by Melanie68; 06-06-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags and quote tags for clarity of authorship