View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #18
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeguru View Post
Do yourself a favor and play Myst 1-4 and URU: Complete Chronicles (Ages Beyond Myst and all expansions). I dunno about Rand Miller not making 3 and 4 since that's him playing as two of the characters in each.
Rand only played two characters in the original Myst game (Atrus and Achenar; His brother Robyn played Sirrus. The roles of Sirrus and Achenar were played by different actors in Revelations). He agreed to reprise the role of Atrus in Exile as well as in Revelations, but the games were developed by Presto and Ubisoft (Montreal?) respectively, essentially with his blessing. However, I'm pretty sure the scenes near the end of both Exile and Revelations would not have been in the games had CYAN developed them. As it is, he had nothing to do with the development of either. I'm not 100% sure whether he even considers them canon or not. *shrug*

Still, they're pretty excellent games. I just wouldn't recommend them to anyone who doesn't like dying. There's not much death in either of them, but they do both have 'wrong ending' death scenarios. The OP specifically asked for games that didn't have these.