View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
Ninja Dodo

Default Beyond Good & Evil 2 coming soon? - Apparently so! Yay!

I don't know how closely everyone else has been reading the Surfer Girl Reviews Star Wars blog after seeing those leaked KQ9 screens in the AG news, but I found this bit intriguing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer Girl
3) Ubisoft Montpelier is working on Beyond Good & Evil 2, Frédérick Raynal's new game (creepy), and an MMO. One of those will see release next year and the other two in 2009.

(...)

UPDATE #2: In a comment on the GameSetWatch post about this post (and others), Phil Fish says this (which is essentially what I've been hearing for awhile):

"at first, RRR was going to be your usual rayman platform game, but with wii controls. or atleast that's what ancel wanted to make. but it became clear early on that this wasnt going to be possible.
so, so other designer stepped up and came up up with the mini/party game idea using the rabbids character that ancel had came up with himself. higher-ups were pleased and the project was given a greenlight. ancel was FURIOUS. he threatened to leave ubisoft if he didnt get what he wanted. afraid to lose their ONE big famous designer (altho i guess clint kind of fits that mold now), ubisoft caved in and pretty much gave ancel a carte blanche to do whatever he wished next. so he made beyond good and evil too. and thats why ancel isnt credited as a designer on RR but rather just as a character designer."
Based on her other posts Surfer Girl appears to be remarkably well-informed, so I'm inclined to believe this.

I guess we'll see what happens to Pey'j and Jade after all. Also, Frédérick Raynal (creator of LBA) making a new game is no less cause for celebration.