View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
crabapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loris View Post
Hi all,
I'd like the AG players opinion regarding a few thoughts & ideas for a new adventure game:

1. How would you feel if a game is broken down to playable chapters instead of one complete game? So, let's say is a free downloadable game where once you download & finish the first chapter you get access to download and play the second chapter. Would you mind that or would you prefer a complete linear game and why?
Pretty much the same as Squinky said.
If you're going to divide the game up into separate chapters, make each one self-contained.

Quote:
2. Would it put you off if a game is broken into playable chapters and there is no save function during each? So the only access you can have on your latest progress will be only the latest chapter you unlocked. Or would that make it more challenging?
That kind of thing is the reason I never bought Inherent Evil.
Get a crash near the end of the chapter and you have to play the whole thing over.
Get killed near the end of the chapter and you have to play the whole thing over.
Have to stop playing due to a power outage or insistent family member and you have to play the whole thing over.
etc.
Not my idea of a good time.