View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
WRMW
Adventurer

Default So more problems and...

Now that I've accepted that Sam and Max is in no way muddling with my system, the game now accuses me of using a backup disc when my original is most definately in the drive. It's frustrating because it worked the first time, but now it can't identify the disc.

Following the link to the SecuROM site, I get these words of advice:
Quote:
If this message occurs, although you are using the original disc, please check if the correct communication mode is being used with your drive. Please check if the DMA mode is enabled by using the Device Manager

Open the Device Manager.
Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the list of controllers and channels.
Right-click the icon for the channel to which your CD/DVD drive is connected, select Properties, and then click the Advanced Settings tab.
In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select "DMA if Available" if the current setting is "PIO Only." If the drop-down box already shows "DMA if Available" but the current transfer mode is PIO, then you must toggle the settings. That is:
Change the selection from "DMA if available" to PIO only, and click OK.
Then repeat the steps above to change the selection to DMA if available.
But being computer illiterate as I am, I cannot for the life of me find my "device manager" (and a search of my computer brings up only a device manager related to MSN Messenger). Where can I find this and how can I fix my problem?

Thanks