View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 06:57 AM   #13
AprilLives

For older games in a sales bin, I would pay $10 - $15 - $20. I wouldn’t buy a game with a very poor rating or with a lot of gratuitous violence … even if they were selling it for $1.

For newer adventure games, I would pay $40, $50, $60 (sometimes more) IF the game has a good rating and gives several hours (8 - 12) of actual playtime AND if it has an actual beginning, middle and end.

This applies to both episodic and “traditional” format. Df is such a major disappointment, partly because I paid quite a bit for it and it had no ending. I expect more … even if the game is part of a series. Also, if it ends with cliffhangers, I expect the box cover to own up to it, especially if the follow up game is uncertain and slated to be in an entirely different format than the previous game.

I want to add that I'm willing to pay more than a sales price for an older game that is a classic or had a pretty good rating. For example, I couldn't find games like Syberia 2 or Grim Fandango in a sales bin so went online and paid about $30 each I think.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)

Last edited by AprilLives; 09-12-2007 at 07:03 AM.